Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday Morning Musings


Saturday mornings are my favorite time of the week. You get to sleep in (no later than 9 of course because you don't want to waste the whole day! A point that Marelize and I heatedly debate, haha.) There's also the fact that Monday isn't looming like an oncoming storm which seems to make Sunday the lesser of the weekend days for me. I do wonder sometimes if my anxiety over Mondays is due to my hectic occupation (pilot training) at the moment or if it's habit or what. I don't think it's right to live our lives in fear of the Monday's, yet I can't seem to shake the feeling as of late. My hope is that when I finish pilot training I will be able to look to Monday with good feelings or at least ambivalence rather than dread.

On another note, Marelize and I discovered a band last night on iTunes that we both enjoy very much, the Rocket Summer. They are the epitome of Pop Punk...a genre I appreciate like a secret addiction...something not to be brought up except in the company of closest friends. Nonetheless their songs are fun, I know that sounds corny, but I can't think of a better way to describe it....

Marelize and I have decided that Malone is most likely what we will name our baby daughter due in January. Its funny the different reactions you get depending on the crowd you're running in. Most of our Colorado Springs see the cool genius of it...classic, but others here in the midwest give us a cocked head expression with a kind of "ohhh, I've never thought of that." Its true, its a name normally associated with a last name....or a male....or famous Utah Jazz player Karl Malone of the Stockton-Malone dream connection (I refuse to recognize his association with the Hollywood Circus called the Lakers), but we like it...so we will call our child Malone.

I have just been informed by my wife that my cell phone is MIA, so this will be all for today

Digg this
Google